- Soluble - easily mixes into all liquids and moist foods
- Lactose-free and gluten-free
- Powder displacement: 0.84 mL/g
- *Potential renal solute load: 0.07 mOsm/g
- Osmotic contribution is 1.4 mOsm/g
Maltodextrin (derived from corn)
1. Refer to the table below to determine the amount of powder needed to meet additional caloric needs as suggested by your healthcare professional.
2. Using a household measure or a gram scale, measure the required amount of powder.
3. Add powder to any liquid, moist food or tube feeding formula.
4. Stir or shake until powder has dissolved. If tube feedings, powder must be fully dissolved or tube blockage may occur.
5. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for no longer than 24 hours. Shake or stir before serving.
*For accuracy, the use of a gram scale to measure SolCarb powder is required.
Warning: Use under medical supervision. Not for parenteral use and not to be used as a sole source of nutrition. SolCarb is not a sterile powder. Do not give SolCarb to premature infants or to individuals who might have immune system problems, unless directed by a doctor.
Reimbursement code (NDC)*: 52766-0007-01
HCPCS code: B4155
*National Drug Codes (NDC) Format Codes: Some products sold by Medica Nutrition Inc. are classified as Medical Foods by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). NDC format codes are product codes adjusted according to standard industry practice to meet the format requirements of pharmacy and health insurance computer systems.